Saturday 30 August 2014

Tutorial Inches card :-)

Today has been the first day i have really noticed Autumn is on the way not just weather wise but looking around the garden i am spotting lots of brown leaves blowing around. This has inspired me to make an Autumn card and use some of the bits blowing around to decorate it. I have been going to try inchies for ages and i decided there was no better time to get on and make some as i wanted to do a card tutorial over the weekend, this has also got ideas going for my new scrapbooking adventure also.

What you will need.......

1 Sheet A4 card in black
1 Sheet of A4 card in brown
Backing papers
Small square die
Bigshot
Liquid Pearls
Double sided tape 
Double sided foam pads
Tim Holtz dies
Memento Inks
Twine
Twigs
Dry sticks
Wool 
Embossing folders
Sticky Gems
Letraset ProMarkers 
Scissors
Butterfly Punch
Ruler
Scrap of White card
Folding bone


Firstly take your A4 sheet of black card and fold it in half then take a folding bone and run it down the fold.


Use the small die and cut 12 squares from the brown sheet of A4 card to make your inchies and emboss 4 of them with different folders.


Take your card and select some backing paper, i chose some burnt orange mulberry paper. Trim it to 19.6cm x 12cm ready to place on the front.


Next measure the black card to make sure the backing paper is central.


Take a pencil and mark these measurements to make sure the panel is central.


Layer up the back with double sided tape and get ready to attach to the black card following the pencil marks.


Fiddle around and decide what spacing you want to use for your squares then stick your foam pads on the die cut squares ready to stick.


The measurements i went with 0.3cm on the outer edge, 0.6cm on the vertical lines and 1.3cm on the horizontal lines. I started with the middle row and worked outwards.


Next the fun bit of decorating the squares, i have left the embossed ones blank to add texture to the card. In the garden i found lots of little brown leaves, dry twine and dry grass heads i wanted to add to the card. I also wanted to use some of the toppers i had made a few days ago.


I cut this with my Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz flowers die using mulberry paper and distressing the edge with the Memento ink to place on one of the squares.


Next i wanted some stamping on the card so i decided to partially stamp on to the scrap of white card, colour with Letraset ProMarkers and cut to fit.


I thought these were cute so i bunched them and wrapped them in green wool finished off with a bow for that bouquet look.


I decided to cut one of the leaves with the butterfly punch to layer up with a larger butterfly punch. I do love my Woodware craft punches, i use them for most of my projects.


How cute is this?? Cut from a bay leaf.

I also snapped some dried twigs and wrapped in twine secured with glue. The best one to use for this was my glue gun to make sure it wasn't moving. I attached a little leaf onto the twine to give it a little extra Autumn feel.



Arrange all your bits and attach when you are happy with the layout. This is my first inchies card i have made and i am very pleased with the outcome of it. I will deffo be doing this again for the festive season, ooooo the ideas are flowing already.



Hope you all like it Emmie xxx




















No comments:

Post a Comment